beit sefer basade- educational agricultural farmEducational Agricultural Farm in Moshav Ram On, is a place that will connect people of all ages to the sensation of belonging both to the earth as well as to the country. The main purpose of the farm is education through agriculture and the environment.
My name is Shukky askayo and I have been involved in agricultural education for many, many years. This farm will be the realization of a dream that I have had for over ten years. The formation of an educational agricultural farm whose vision will be to make people feel a sense of belonging to the land on which they live and create a greater awareness of the environment. In other words, the purpose will be to produce education through agriculture and the environment. Experiential education based on experience. The participants will learn how sustainable agriculture works, as well as interacting with other people in a productive way. The farm will be organic. The participants will be far more involved in the land which will in turn create a greater awareness of the environment in which they live.
From personal experience in the area of agricultural education, I know that it works!
Please help me establish a farm that will serve as a model for agricultural education.
The Goals of the farmIn the first stage there will be a number of activities:
1. Family plots – plots will be allocated to each family from the moshav who wants to grow their own produce and be part of the farm community.
2. Environmental Agricultural Education – On the farm there will be an agricultural class for the children of the moshav which will be led by the teenagers of the moshav. There will also be an activity for the older members of the moshav.
3. On the farm we will also institute "personal volunteering" by the high school children of the moshav.
4. On the farm there will be workshops for adults that will encourage them to grow their own produce.
5. The farm will serve as a platform for the integration of various therapies such as garden therapy, animal therapy as well as the cooking of produce grown in the fields. There will also be happenings.
The farm is in memory of my friends from the 13th battalion of Golani :